Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nook Tribute - Leah Cameron

Guest Blog Post by Leah Cameron


G’day to everyone out in Nook land from chilly Australia (at least, it has been in my end of the world!).

This post marks a sad occasion for me, I have been a subscriber to the Nook kits for I am guessing 18 months now and a member of the forum.
I have gained so much from the talented group of crafters at the Nook, and definitely not just from the design team. I believe my scrapping has improved because of them, and I have become more content with my own “style”, not always trying to recreate what others have already done.

My favourite Nook kit ever was the March kit from this year, featuring the yummy goodness of My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline.
Here is my favourite layout, that I was lucky enough to have featured on the MME blog! This was one of my favourite things about the Nook kits – they featured products from the one manufacturer so you could use them on manufacturer’s blogs and facebook competitions.



A close second favourite kit featured the June Simple Stories Summer Fresh, and here is my top layout using this kit



I found the kits to be great value, even with shipping all the way “down under”, they always arrived on time and were always full of gorgeous scrappy goodness. Team that with the friendliest scrappy forum on the web, and I was one happy scrapper. I will miss the Nook kits and girls so much, good luck to everyone and I am sure I will “see you around”.

Leah Cameron
Blog: http://leahcameronscorner.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Thank you for sharing, Leah!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Leah, these LOs are stunning! Loved all the papers you get in the kits.

Carol said...

those layouts are gorgeous!!! love hearing which kits were your faves ;)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Thanks for sharing your sentiments with us. I am sure there are many scrappers out there feeling the same this last month! Loved seing your faves and hearing which kits you loved! TFS!

Zarah said...

I am a huge fan of yours, and I certainly won't want to see you "lost" again. Hope we'll stay in touch!
Thanks for sharing these thoughts and the beautiful projects!

Monique Liedtke said...

Love reading your blogpost too. And your projects are truly fabulous. Hope we stay in touch!!

Leah said...

:( Thanks ladies, your words mean so much.

Sherri said...

No goodbyes only see yas! Thanks for sharing Leah!